In my last posts: here and here, I have mentioned what an enraptured experience I had in Kerala and at Spice Tree, Munnar. This is the last post, a more formal review of the property for readers and friends’ reference.
Spice Tree, Munnar is a small resort located at the foothills of Cardamom Hills. It flaunts a series of gorgeous rooms and villas of which almost all overlook the beautiful lush green valley with cardamom and coffee plantations.
Rooms: Rooms are spacious and bathrooms are the highlight of the rooms with either Jacuzzi or vintage copper tubs. The interiors of all the rooms give off a warm “cottage in the hills” like feeling which plays to their advantage even in the off seasons. Beds are big and very comfortable to snuggle in. Rooms have small little balconies with adorable cane furniture. All balconies face the valley and guests can indulge in evening high tea while admiring the various nuances of clouds over the valley.
Property: also boasts of a gorgeous infinity pool along with the private infinity pools in the villas. Restaurant serves authentic Kerala cuisine which is delicious, along with a few popular options such a pasta and sandwiches.
Activities: There are various activities even in this quaint and lonely lover’s paradise.
- Spa tops my list, the options are many, and masseuse are super warm and good at their job. They use authentic essential and Ayurveda oils depending upon the message you go for.
- You can start your day with Yoga classes that happen at 7am every morning, which I strongly recommend. After that head for a warm bath and then indulge in sumptuous breakfast.
- There are many hiking options. Depending on your level of fitness choose the one that fits you the most.
- Take a dip in infinity pool and head for lunch.
- Sleep in or go for spa.
- Whatever you do, do not miss the tea tasting and miss the banana fritters (probably the only thing I didn’t develop a taste for).
- Stroll around the property, or play a few indoor games.
- Or if you are a cooking buff, try your hands at authentic Kerala cuisine in an actual kitchen with a great chef in cooking classes (Make sure you inform the reception to make the arrangements for you).
- Eat, eat and eat before you sleep like a blessed/ spoilt baby in the lap of luxury, warmth and nature
Service: Impeccable, warm and prompt. After hike, we gave our clothes for dry-cleaning. When we woke up not just was the laundry clean and ready to be worn, our dirty, muddy and wet shoes from the hike that were lying outside the room were also washed and dried. They were sitting pretty at the doorstep. Surprised? Wait for it! They didn’t even bill us for it. Now this is what spoiling is.
Prices: Rooms start at Rs.8500/night and Villas at 20,000/night. They were very gracious to upgrade our room to the villa without any request or mention whatsoever. Probably, they saw us enjoying so much, they decided to make it unforgettable. And we love them for that.
Value for money: Absolutely worth every singly penny. I tell them, take my money and make me a resident there.